A National Science Foundation grant will provide support to selected students and early-career engineers (e.g., postdocs or recent graduates working in industry or national labs) from the United States to participate in the 2023 International Advanced Manufacturing Conference, a joint conference of the 51st North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC 51), the International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference (MSEC 2023), and the International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing/Materials & Processing (LEM&P 2023), to be held at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on June 12-16, 2023.
- Fill out the online application form
- BEFORE beginning on your online application form you should have the following two items ready to upload:
- Student Statement: In 150 words, or less, please identify and explain the broader impacts of your current or proposed research, particularly as it addresses some of the challenges that manufacturing faces. Do not simply cut-and-paste an abstract from your paper or poster! [Note: You will be required to paste this statement into the appropriate text box in the online application].
- Signature Form: This form must be signed by the applicant and their advisor or supervisor and uploaded along with the online application. The application will be considered incomplete without this form uploaded. The form can be downloaded from the Qualtrics Survey link provided above. Make sure the form is a PDF file size of not more than 1 MB size and has the required filename format: Travel2023_yourlastname_yourfirstname.pdf You will be instructed how to submit during the online application.
Important: Please Read Carefully
Do not register for the conference yourself if you are applying for this NSF Student/Early Career Researcher Travel Award. Your registration fee and lodging accommodation will be covered by the travel award. In other words, this is not a process where you pay for registration and lodging and get reimbursed afterward. The costs will be managed directly, so that awardees never have to carry these charges. The mandatory author registration deadline is April 10, 2023. Hence, if you do not receive one of these awards you will still have time to register for the conference at the “early bird rate” (April 10, 2023).
Conference key dates available are at: https://msec-namrc2023.rutgers.edu/ Before applying, please note that to qualify for the award you must (no exceptions):
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at a U.S. college or university,
- Attend the entire conference (Monday to Friday), and
- Attend the Early Career Forum organized by ASME/MED and NAMRI/SME (at the conference).
Travel Award Contact:
Dr. Karl R. Haapala, Associate Professor
School of Mech/Ind/Mfg Engineering
Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR USA
Phone: 541-737-3122; Email: Karl.Haapala@oregonstate.edu