NAMRC 50 will be simulive with your prerecorded session and your live participation on the day of your presentation for Q&A. We have created instructions and some “best practices” for successful recording of your session.
- Each author will receive instructions to upload their video by April 22.
Best Practices for Recording
- Good lighting – Having two sources of lighting, one to light the room and the other to light your face. If you can, take advantage of natural lighting – be sure the natural light is in front of you, not behind you.
- Eliminate distractions – If possible, record in a room with a simple background. If you are working from home, try to find a time or space that is quiet.
- Use eye contact – It can be easy to lose engaging eye contact during virtual presentations. Be sure to position your camera so that it is level with your eyes and speak directly towards the camera.
- Recommended recording devices – Please record your presentation using either a smartphone on a tripod, a laptop with a webcam, or another recording device that is stabilized and will not move.
- 12 Minute recording (11 to 13 min) – Please stay within the allotted time.
- What to Wear – Business Casual attire preferred. Refrain from wearing clothing with tight checker or line patterns, as it will produce a moiré. If you wear contacts or glasses, choose the contacts if possible as glasses can reflect the glare from the lighting or your computer screen. Refrain from wearing flashy or dangly jewelry, to assist with lighting and audio levels.
Important Due Dates
|Video presentation release form due||April 22, 2022|
|Author registration deadline||April 22, 2022|
|12 Minute Video Recorded Session
• Please note this is the drop-dead date for submitting your video. All videos MUST be uploaded to the unique link provided to you prior to April 22 at 11:59 PM.
|April 22, 2022|
|NAMRC 50 Event dates
• Your specific session and Q&A time will be sent to you shortly.
|June 27 – July 1, 2022|